MBK | Saint Mary's 67, San Francisco 63 - Postgame Notes
Saint Mary's 67, San Francisco 63
January 30, 2013 * War Memorial Gym, San Francisco, Calif.
- With the 67-63 victory, Saint Mary's moved to 18-4 on the season and 7-1 in the West Coast Conference
- Junior guard Jorden Page led the Gaels in scoring with 19 points, his highest scoring total since dropping 26 at Northern Iowa and his second-highest of the season.
- Junior guard Stephen Holt led the team with a career-high 14 rebounds. His previous high was a 10-rebound effort against Jackson State on Dec. 13, 2011 at McKeon Pavilion. Tonight's total was his second career double-figures rebounding performance.
- Senior guard Matthew Dellavedova registered two steals in the game to surpass Chase Poole (2000-04) for third on the school's career list with 135. He is 27 shy of second-place Kamran Sufi (1993-97) and 39 short of Diamon Simpson's school record 174.
- Dellavedova also played in his 123rd career game, tying fellow Aussie Daniel Kickert for fifth on the school's all-time list. He is 10 game shy of Omar Samhan's school-record 133 appearances.
- Sophomore forward Brad Waldow equaled his season-high with eight rebounds. He also grabbed eight boards at Drake and against Yale. His career-best was a 16-rebound effort at Santa Clara last season.
- The victory extended Saint Mary's win streak against San Francisco to 16-straight. The last Dons victory in the series came on Jan. 16, 2006, a 53-52 decision at War Memorial Gym.
- The win over San Francisco gave Randy Bennett his 253rd career win. He now has a career record of 253-122. His record in regular-season WCC games is 110-54. He is two WCC wins shy of fourth-place on the league's all-time list, behind former Gonzaga coach Dan Fitzgerald's 15-season total of 112.