Saint Mary's vs. BYU
February 21, 2013
- Saint Mary's moved to 23-5 overall and 12-2 in the West Coast Conference. The Gaels clinch second place in league play.
- Saint Mary's has finished in 2nd place or better in league play eight times in the last nine seasons.
- Matthew Dellavedova moved into sole possession of second place in games played at Saint Mary's. Having now played in 129 games, Dellavedova passed Diamon Simpson's mark of 128. Omar Samhan holds the SMC record with 133. Dellavedova is already the record-holder in games started (126).
- Mitchell Young is now tied with Mickey McConnell for fifth on the all-time list for career games played. He now has 124 and is three shy of fourth place Ian O'Leary.
- Dellavedova also moved into fifth all-time in field goals made, finishing the game with 558. Simpson previously held fifth with 553.
- Randy Benett moved to 5-2 against BYU as the head coach of the Gaels. He has won 4 straight against the Cougars.
- The Saint Mary's athletic department recogized SMC President Br. Ronald Gallagher at a media timeout in the second half. Br. Ron is stepping down this spring.
- Saint Mary's moved to 14-1 at home this season.
- BYU's Brandon Davies scored 25 points in the game, the third-highest total for an opposing player against the Gaels this season.