Saint Mary's 87, Pepperdine 48
February 27, 2013
- Saint Mary's has now won 25 games or more in each of the last six seasons, improving to 25-5 with Wednesday's victory. The only other Division I teams to do that over the same time period are Duke, Kansas and Gonzaga.
- Matthew Dellavedova moved into sole possession of second place on the Saint Mary's all-time scoring list, putting up 25 points on Wednesday to end the game with 1,871 in his career. He now trails only Daniel Kickert, who owns first place with 1,874 points.
- With 18 shots attempted Wednesday, Dellavedova moved into fourth all-time in field goals attempted with 1,368. He passed Omar Samhan, who finished his career with 1,357.
- Dellavedova also moved into second all-time in free throws made, making four to finish the game with 446. He passed Robert Haugen, who previously held second with 443.
- The 19 points scored by Pepperdine in the first half equalled the second-lowest output by an SMC opponent in one half this season. The Gaels have allowed 19 in a half three times.
- With Wednesday's win, Saint Mary's finishes the season 7-1 in road West Coast Conference games.
- Jordan Giusti tied a career high with eight points. It was the fourth time this season he has scored eight.
- Paul McCoy set a career high as a Gael with 17 minutes played. He also set career highs with seven points and seven rebounds.