Saint Mary's XX, Portland XX
Saturday, Febuary 2, 2013
- Saint Mary's won its seventh straight game and moved to 19-4 overall and 8-1 in the West Coast Conference.
- Senior guard Matthew Dellavedova moved into a tie with former teammate Mickey McConnell (2077-11) for fourth on the school's list for career games played with 124. He needs just nine more appearances to tie record-holder Omar Samhan (133 from 2006-10).
- Dellavedova moved to within one start of fellow Aussie Daniel Kickert (2002-06) for first-place on the SMC list for career starts. He has 121, Kickert has 122.
- Dellavedova extended his school records for assists (694), 3-point field goals made (257) and 3-point field goals attempted (677).
- Randy Bennett moved to 21-6 against the Pilots since taking over the Saint Mary's program in 2001-01. He has 20 wins or more in his 12th season against three WCC programs.
- Saint Mary's moved to 13-0 at home this season.
- Saint Mary's defeated Portland twice this season by a combined 57 points. 60-38 in Portland and 77-42 today.
- Dellavedova surpassed David Vann (1978-82) for third on the school's all-time scoring list. Dellavedova has 1,754 and is 92 points shy of second-place Omar Samhan (2006-10) and 120 from first-place Daniel Kickert (2002-06).
- Junior Stephen Holt registered three steals against Portland to pass David Carter (1985-89) for fifth on the school's career list. He has 131 and is three shy of fourth-place Chase Poole (2000-04). Dellavedova is third with 137 and Diamon Simpson (2005-09) is the leader with 174.
- Portland's 42 points is the third-lowest total for the Pilots in the series between the two schools, which began in 1950. In the last meeting between the two teams earlier this season at Portland, Saint Mary's limited the Piots to a series-low 38 points.