Located in the front of the campus, Louis Guisto Field is set amongst towering pine trees with views of the campus and the surrounding Moraga hills. Just a few steps away from various types of student housing, the field provides Saint Mary's students a popular venue to enjoy the California sunshine and support the Gaels.
In 2012, the Gaels opened the new Louis Guisto Field, built 400 feet down the right field line from the old location. The new Louis Guisto Field's dimensions are 330 feet down the left and right field lines, 400 feet to dead center and 375 feet in the gaps. Louis Guisto Field will be a part of the much larger Athletics and Recreation Corridor that includes the Joseph L. Alioto Recreation Center, which is attached to the approximate 1,500 person baseball stadium and state-of-the-art press box, which will be introduced over the next three years.
Originally named the Brother Agnon Field, the field was renamed after legendary baseball-great Louis Guisto. After a Hall of Fame career as a member of the Saint Mary's Phoenix, Guisto was instrumental in leading a successful drive to restore the baseball program after it was dropped in 1958.