Saint Mary's vs. Creighton
February 23, 2013
- Saint Mary's moved to 24-5 overall.
- Matthew Dellavedova is now just three games shy of the school's career games played record with 130. Omar Samhan holds the SMC record with 133. Dellavedova is already the record-holder in games started with 127.
- Mitchell Young is in sole possession of fifth on the all-time list for career games played. He now has 125 and is two shy of fourth place Ian O'Leary.
- Brad Waldow set a season high in rebounds with 12 and registered his first double-double of the season with 12 points and 12 boards.
- Saint Mary's moved to 3-3 in BracketBusters games. ESPN announced this winter it has discontinued the popular series.
- Saint Mary's is now 15-1 at home this season with just one regular-season game remaining - a March 2 rivalry game against Santa Clara, which is also the final regular-season home game for five Gaels seniors (Matthew Dellavedova, Paul McCoy, Kyle Rowley, Mitchell Young and Tim Williams).
- Gaels move to 12-3 against non-conference competition this season, including 9-0 at home.
- Today's game marked the first between Creighton and Saint Mary's since 1979. The series now stands at (2-2) and (1-0) in Moraga.
- Saint Mary's has won 18 straight regular-season home games against non-conference competition. The last regular-season loss to a non-conference opponent was a 75-65 setback to Utah State in the 2011 BracketBusters. The last non-league loss overall was a NIT setback to Kent State to conclude the 2010-11 season.
- Saint Mary's is 52-4 against non-league opponents at home over the last six seasons.
- Saint Mary's held a 38-24 halftime lead today against Creighton. The 14-point advantage equaled the sixth-largest halftime lead for the Gaels this season and the fourth-largest against a non-conference opponent.
- Dellavedova scored 19 points today to move into a tie for second on the Saint Mary's career scoring list. He is tied with Omar Samhan, who had 1,846 from 2006-10. Delly now has 1,846 points with at least three games (2 reg. season, 1 WCC Tourn) games remaining. Daniel Kickert (2002-06) is the leader with 1,874.