MBK | Saint Mary's 80, Santa Clara 67 - Postgame Notes
Saint Mary's 80, Santa Clara 67
March 2, 2013
- With 3:53 left in the first half, Matthew Dellavedova passed Daniel Kickert as Saint Mary's all-time leading scorer. Kickert previously held the record with 1,874 points. Dellavedova finished the night with 21 points and 1,892 for his career.
- Tim Williams made his first appearance of the 2012-13 season, hitting a 3-pointer as time expired. The last time Williams played was Feb. 23, 2012 at Portland.
- Dellavedova, Williams, Kyle Rowley, Paul McCoy and Mitchell Young all played their final game in McKeon Pavilion on Saturday.
- Dellavedova set a season-high in free throws made in a single game with 11.
- The win was Saint Mary's ninth straight against Santa Clara, and 12th in the last 13 meetings.
- With the win, Saint Mary's equaled its WCC record of a year ago at 14-2.
- Saint Mary's finished the regular season 16-1 at home, equaling its home record from 2011-12. In his nearly 12 full seasons at the helm, Randy Bennett owns a 152-38 (.800) mark at McKeon Pavilion.
- Saint Mary's improved to 11-0 on Saturdays with the victory over Santa Clara. The Gaels next game comes on Saturday, March 9 at 8:30 in the semifinals of the WCC Tournament.