MBK | Saint Mary's vs Middle Tennessee State - Postgame Notes
Saint Mary's vs Middle Tennessee State
NCAA First Round, March 19, 2013, Dayton, Ohio
- Tonight's game marked the first-ever meeting between Saint Mary's and Middle Tennessee State in men's basketball.
- Saint Mary's has previously only played one game in its history against a team from the Sun Belt Conference, a 69-91 loss to Arkansas-Little Rock on Dec. 17, 1989 in the Phoenix Ball Tournament in Tokyo, Japan.
- Saint Mary's is now 4-7 all-time in NCAA Tournament games in its history and is 3-4 in NCAA Tournament games under current head coach Randy Bennett.
- Saint Mary's is now 13-3 this season against non-conference competition and 151-38 during Randy Bennett's tenure.
- Senior Mathew Dellavedova extended his school records for points - 1,922, made 3-point field goals - 287, attempted 3-point field goals - 757, assists - 760, games played - 134 and games started - 132.
- Matthew Dellavedova made five 3-point field goals in the game, the 2nd-most ever for a Gael in a postseason game. The record is 6 by Patrick Mills against Miami in 2008.
- Dellavedova also moved into sixth on the school's single season scoring list. He now has 543 points and passed Nick Pappageorge, Ralph Walker and Tom Meschery and is 13 points shy of fifth-place Mickey McConnell.
- Dellavedova also set a new single season record for assists. He passed Nick Pappageorge (76-77) and has 216 so far this season.