Saint Mary's vs. Memphis
NCAA Tournament Second Round
March 21, 2013 * Auburn Hills, Mich. (The Palace of Auburn Hills)
- Today's game marked the second-ever meeting between Saint Mary's and Memphis. The two teams met in the semifinals of the 2004 Coaches vs. Cancer Classic. The Gaels knocked-off Belmont and Cal in Berkeley to open that tournament and create the Madison Square Garden matchup against the Tigers. 23rd-ranked Memphis defeated the Gaels 81-66.
- Today's game also was the first-ever for the Gaels at the Palace of Auburn Hills and the third game played in the state of Michigan. The 1952-53 Gaels played at Wayne State (L, 53-72) and Detroit (W, 81-78) in December, 1952.
- Matthew Dellavedova extended his career games played record to 136 games. He also holds the school record for career starts with 133.
- Mitchell Young is third in career games played with 131.
- Memphis' 12 blocks in the game was the most against the Gaels this season. The previous high was 5 on four occasions.
- Saint Mary's moved to 28-7 on the season. Memphis moved to 31-4.
- Jordan Giusti registered a career-high 6 rebounds.
- Dellavedova, Brad Waldow and Young all tied the Saint Mary's record for starts in a single season with 35.
- Dellavedova set a single-season school record for minutes played with 1,273.
- The Gaels' 52 points today is their second-lowest output of the season.
- Young fouled out of the game with just more than 2:00 remaining. It marked the second time this season and ninth time he has fouled out during his career at Saint Mary's.