XC | Gaels Sign Four Accomplished Runners To NLIs
The Saint Mary's men's and women's cross country and track programs inked four runners to NLIs
MORAGA, Calif. — The Saint Mary’s men’s and women’s cross country and track programs will welcome two new runners each in 2018-19, as the Gaels announced the signing of four accomplished student-athletes to National Letters of Intent – Tommy Bell of San Ramon, Calif., and Stuart Kendall of Santa Ana, Calif., for the men; and for the women, Ellen Burbank of Vancouver, Wash., and Kaela Dishion of Angels Camp, Calif.
“We are very happy with this signing class,” said Saint Mary’s head coach Marty Kinsey. “Each athlete possesses tremendous upside athletically and they each have the desire to improve the program. We look forward to rooting them along for the rest of their senior campaigns and are excited to welcome to the Gael family!”
Tommy Bell, San Ramon, Calif. (Dougherty Valley HS)
- Personal Bests: 800 meters – 2 minutes, 1.98 seconds; 1,600 – 5:13; 3 miles – 15:10.
- Accomplishments: Placed 60th at the 2017 California Interscholastic Federation State Cross Country Division I Championships … Finished fifth at the 34th Annual Mariner XC Invitational.
- Personal Bests: 1,600 – 4:26; 3,200 – 9:27; 3 miles – 14:36; 5 kilometers – 15:14.
- Accomplishments: North Hills League runner-up in both 1,600 and 3,200-meters races … Won the varsity boys race as a junior at 36th Annual Woodbridge Cross Country Classic.
Ellen Burbank, Vancouver, Wash. (Skyview HS)
- Personal Bests: 800 – 2:21; 1,600 – 5:11; 3,200 – 11:05; 5 km – 18:24.
- Accomplishments: Two-time Greater St. Helens League runner-up in cross country … Three-time Washington 4A state meet qualifier … Finished eighth as a junior and 13th as a senior at Washington state meet.
- Personal Bests: 800 – 2:24; 1,600 – 5:13; 3,200 – 11:06; 5 km – 17:36.
- Accomplishments: Winner of the CIF Sac-Joaquin Section Division IV cross country championship … As a junior, finished second in the 3,200, third in the 800 and fourth in the 1,600 at the Sac-Joaquin Division IV/V Section meet.
6/21/2018 - Track & Field
TRK | Pannu Qualifies for U.S. Championships
5/25/2018 - Track & Field
TRK | McDermott Finishes Strong at NCAA West Prelim
5/21/2018 - Track & Field
TRK | McDermott Qualifies For NCAA West Preliminary
5/9/2018 - Track & Field
GAEL SPOTLIGHT | Noah McDermott
4/24/2018 - Track & Field
TRK | Lopez Joins Saint Mary's Coaching Staff
04/20/2018 - Track & Field
TRK | More School Records Highlight Bryan Clay Invite
04/14/2018 - Track & Field
TRK | Mitchell, Gaels Set Multiple School, Personal Records
03/31/2018 - Track & Field
TRK | 800s Highlight Final Day of SF State Carnival
03/30/2018 - Track & Field
TRK | Gaels Run Strong In Bay Area Meets
03/10/2018 - Track & Field