XC | Gaels Grab Individual Wins In South Bay
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — Raymond Boffman and Abby Bolt gave the Saint Mary's men's and women's cross country teams individual victories Friday, as the Gaels took on South Bay rival Santa Clara in a dual meet at Baylands Park.
· Bolt dominated the women's field, winning the 5-kilometer race by 20 seconds with a time of 18 minutes, 2.5 seconds.
· Neylene Leon gave Saint Mary's a 1-2 finish, placing second in 18:22.51.
· Underclassmen grabbed the Gaels' third and fourth spots. Freshman Abigayle Mitchell was SMC's third finisher (19:25.34). Sophomore Katie Watson was right behind her in 19:27.75.
· Santa Clara narrowly won the dual competition by a score of 25-36. The Broncos grabbed every spot between third and eighth place.
· Boffman won the men's 6 km race in 17:51.16, beating out Santa Clara's Jack Davidson (17:54.44) for the title. It was Boffman's first-ever collegiate meet win.
· Noah McDermott gave Saint Mary's two in the top-three, finishing third in 18:15.30.
· Sophomores Moses Bojorquez and Nolan Dozier were the Gaels' third and fourth finishers. Bojorquez finished in 18:37.28 and Nolan was right with him in 18:38.59.
· Santa Clara grabbed each spot from fourth to ninth place, winning the dual meet by a score of 24-38.
COACH KINSEY QUOTES
· “I was very happy with the individual wins today for Abby and Raymond. Overall our teams put in the proper work ethic and effort to have a good showing. Santa Clara's teams are very good this year and much improved. We look forward to building off this race and continuing to improve on both sides.”
· “This is a great rust-buster for our first big Invitational of the year at Notre Dame next week. We won't forget the sting of losing the team races and will use it as motivation to continually get better.”
· Saint Mary's travels to Notre Dame's Joe Piane Invitational Friday in Notre Dame, Ind. The other half of the team will compete at Sacramento State's Capital Cross Challenge on Saturday in Sacramento.
2/12/2018 - Cross Country
XC | USTFCCCA Honors Men, Women As All-Academic Teams
12/4/2017 - Cross Country
XC | Gaels Sign Four Accomplished Runners To NLIs
11/23/2017 - Cross Country
XC | Men, Women Honored on WCC All-Academic Team
11/11/2017 - Cross Country
XC | McDermott, Bolt Lead Gaels At West Regional
11/9/2017 - Cross Country
XC | Gaels Head to West Regional
10/27/2017 - Cross Country
XC | Youth Steps Up At Competitive WCC Championships
10/26/2017 - Cross Country
XC | Gaels Head To WCC Championships
10/14/2017 - Cross Country
XC | Gaels Complete Final Tune-Up At Bronco Invite
10/13/2017 - Cross Country
XC | SMC Travels To Bronco Invite
10/02/2017 - Cross Country